Student Assessment and Reporting
Report cards are one of several ways of communicating student progress. Three written report cards will be sent home with students throughout the school year:
- Wednesday, November 30th
- Wednesday, March 22nd
- Wednesday, June 28th
Scheduled Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences
These scheduled interview times represent formal opportunities for conversations regarding student progress, however, parents are strongly encouraged to make contact with their child's teacher at any time throughout the school year.
- Intake Interviews are scheduled to allow early, meaningful conversations to take place between students, parents and classroom teachers
- Thursday, September 28th - 5:00 - 8:00
- Friday, September 30th - 8:30 - 1:00 (No school for students)
- Parent/Teacher/Student Three-Way Conferences are scheduled following the first report card:
- Tuesday, December 6th - 5:00 - 8:00
- Wednesday, December 7th - 5:00 - 8:00
- Student-led Celebration of Learning Evening is scheduled following the second report card:
- Wednesday, March 29th - 5:00-8:00
Assessment is based on the Alberta Eduation Program of Studies Curriculm, and can be composed of tests, quizzes, projects, checklists, rubrics, journal entries, teacher anecdotal comments and studen portfolios.
Fire and Lockdown Drills
Fire drills are held for the safety and well-being of both staff and students. These drills are held throughout the year; students are aware of the dates and times of the first three drills, any remaining drills are unnannounced. Upon the fire alarm sounding, under the direction of a school staff member, students make there way to the nearest exit and gather in a pre-determined area. If a secondary gathering site is required, students will be directed to a pre-determined location.
Lockdown drills are held throughout the year; students, staff and parents are aware of the times and dates of the first three drills, any remaining drills are unannounced. External or internal threats may require the school to perform lockdown procedures. Staff explain and practice lockdown procedures with students throughout the school year.